Monday, June 6, 2011

The Wedding!

It was so beautiful, the bride was absolutely stunning and everyone and everything was fantastic... and then there were the photos.

I have been really good for the last 12 weeks, but I am definitely getting to the point where I just don't want to track anymore. I really have to work at tracking and some days I just don't, and this is what I blame my weight gain to. I HAVE TO TRACK. I guess I never realized how important it was, I just get out of control if I'm not tracking, and that shows in my weight the past two weeks. It's been so easy to get down on myself, and even though it's only 1 lb, it is so discouraging and then thoughts of quitting and "I don't care anymore" start entering your mind.

Back to the wedding. Everything was really amazing. We started off getting our hair updos, and no offense to my farm town hometown in the middle of cornfields, but I was a little put off that their one "Spa" was a bunch of 19 years that had no idea how to do hair. Call me snooty if you will, while yes, I'm now used to the amazing stylists of the city, but they seriously lacked the skill or talent to join the ranks of even a Saturday's in Columbus (how is it that I know what products they needed to use and the professionals didn't?). Harsh, I know, but I speak the truth. It was Courtney's big day, and the only thing she asked for was smooth frizz-less hair, and could they do that one tiny favor... nope. I knew exactly what product they needed to use and what technique they needed to do and of course they did the opposite. They put no product in her hair to defrizz and then they proceeded to TEASE it!!! If my Hair Designer was reading this she would probably spit her pop out. We left with none of us really liking our hair and when we got back to Courtney's house we whisked her upstairs to do some damage control. Thank goodness she had some Moroccan Oil (which she had never used and never opened!) and I started loosening curls with it while smoothing her hair out. After 30 minutes of this it was smooth and looked amazing!!! Now she knows she needs to be using that stuff everyday, I certainly do in this humidity!

I went back to the hotel to get ready and met the girls at the wedding location later. I had my make-up done, I fixed my hair as best I could and was all zipped up and feeling good. I took one look in the mirror and was feeling really awesome and beautiful and proud, and was imagining myself with those extra 20+ lbs. I've come a long way since that phone call in February.

The entire night went lightning fast, we ate and danced and I even indulged in some wedding cake. I decided I was taking the weekend off, I just wanted to enjoy my milestone and success thus far. That was probably the worst idea I could have had! I really haven't gotten back on the bandwagon since. I've had some major off weeks, I would say about 4 of them and I'm so frustrated with myself. I guess I'm just to the point where I think it's taking forever, I just want this weight gone and I want to hit my goal today, but I'm sick of working at it.

Anyways, at least I felt beautiful for the night and was feeling great about myself all evening. It wasn't until I downloaded some pics that we took at the wedding that I realized, I have a LONG way to go. Then I weighed in on Memorial Day and had gained a lb, yes it's not that much, but it's something. I really need to get myself through this rough patch I'm having and get back to being positive.

This past weekend went a little smoother but I was still horrible at tracking, at the least I got in some activity points at the pool and gardening (my back hurts from being sunburned AND from the yard work). I didn't lose anything this week, but I guess I should look at the bright side that I didn't gain anything either. The goal this week is to hit the gym AT LEAST once, I think that will help my mood and get through this plateau at the same time.

Here's a pic from the wedding:























216/194/160

1 comment:

  1. ((HUGS)) I think you look beautiful.

    I completely understand how frustrating it is to think you're doing great and then to see a picture and know you don't look as good as you do in your head. You'll get there! And good for you for finding your resolve to keep going when you've gained only a pound--you could've waited until you gained 5 or 10. Kick this week's butt and get back on track and you'll be down to goal in no time!

    ReplyDelete