Monday, June 27, 2011

NSV

NSV = Non Scale Victory

I have a couple! First, my wedding ring fits now, and has been on all week. Second, I have 3 pairs of pre-pregnancy Ellie jeans that fit, 2 pairs of capris, and 1 pair of bermuda shorts! YAY, I have some clothes again.

I also lost, not very much but it's something, -.5 lbs. Total weight loss is 24 lbs in 4 months. Slow and steady wins the race I guess. I have to remember that it's good I'm losing the weight slow and steady because then I know it's real!

I went ahead today and changed my weigh-in day. It's been really frustrating that Monday is basically my highest weight day and Thursday/Friday is consistantly my lowest weight day. Again, on Friday I weighed 190.5 lbs, and today I was 192 lbs. Mary, I think you're right, it's totally my salt intake throughout the weekend. So, for my sanity I went ahead and changed it.

As I've talked about before, my brother is getting married in September. I've been really procrastinating getting my dress because of my weight-loss and the fact I'm hoping to lose about 20 more lbs by the wedding. My future Sis-In-Law called last night and made me buy my dress over the phone while she was at the bridal shop. Apparently they told her the dresses wouldn't be in for 12 weeks and freaked her out, since the wedding is 10 weeks away. When I ordered my dress for Courtney's wedding, they also said it would take 12 weeks (supposed to come in the day before the wedding actually), and I got it within 2.5 weeks, they are a warehouse, it's not like they are making the dress to order! But anyways, they freaked her out and I just guessed a size, so I'm a little worried about what type of alternations are going to need done. The dress I wore for Court's wedding was a 16, and I had 2 inches taken in on each side which then made the dress have no shape (they basically pinched the top), it actually was pretty awful and uneven and the place I had it done is highly spoken of. I ordered a size 14 last night and am thinking I should have ordered the 12, they run pretty big. I may actually swing by the bridal shop on my way home and try a dress on to see how far I am from fitting into any size at this point. I'm just a little bummed because I wanted to look the best possible for this wedding and now I'm afraid alterations are going to screw it up. I guess I'm just going to have to let it go, we were running out of time and I knew I'd have to order it within a week or so anyways.

216/192/160

No comments:

Post a Comment