Monday, May 16, 2011

My Ring Fits!

Huge milestone this week, I haven't worn my wedding rings since last June and miss them terribly. Yesterday morning I thought I'll give it a shot and they slipped right on! Then I panicked because they wouldn't slip right off, thus making my finger swell, as the thought of cutting them off flashed in my mind, I promptly got lotion, soap and tugged under cold water. Whew, that was a close one, they are still safely sitting on my bathroom counter until they are a little easier to slip on AND off... but the good news is they fit again, I was seriously doubting this day would ever come!

I had a busy day Saturday... soccer in the morning, haircut for the son, outlet mall for over 4 hours with a couple of friends, then the movies with more friends. I was trying to save my WW points for the evening (and earning activity points while shopping), I knew I wanted popcorn and had been craving ice cream. My body was not privy to this idea (not eating all day and hording points). I had a huge piece of greasy pizza, a small popcorn, a small ice cream and a berry martini all within about an hour and boy was I regretting my strategy at 1AM and the entire next day. Lesson learned, just because you have the points to blow, still try and make decent choices as your body is not used to crap anymore.

I'm 1.5 lbs closer to my goal! I'm not where I thought I'd be but was setting really high expectations of losing 2 lbs a week when I'm actually averaging 1.8 lbs which is still great. This brings my total lost to -21.5 lbs and as of this week I've lost 10% of my body weight. YAY!

216/194.5/160

2 comments:

  1. holla! Great news Jody!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You're doing so great! The rings fitting is a big deal!

    And you are SO right about your body not being used to eating crap anymore. I ate at Noodles on Saturday and Hoggy's on Sunday and my body has not been happy since. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete