Monday, April 18, 2011

ONEderland!!!

Doing a little happy dance... ok, a BIG happy dance today! 199 today!!!!!!!!!!! Which means I'm a total of 17 lbs down in 7 weeks and I couldn't be happier.

It was a tough week. Some days I would just think to myself, I really really want that cupcake or brownie and then ask myself why am I doing this (losing weight)? What does it matter, everyone loves me for who I am not how much I weigh. And I still think this way today, I KNOW why I'm doing this... to live healthier, to be lighter, have better self-esteem, to be able to play with my kids and live a long healthy life and to selfishly look HOT. But still, that stupid voice in my head gets a little louder when there's a Reese's Cup in my view or a I go out to eat with co-workers. Going out has been the most difficult for me. For example, I went to Max & Erma's the other day with co-workers for lunch and ordered their 3 course meal which was Caesar Salad, Hamburger, and Chocolate Chip Cookie. I only ate half the salad, half the hamburger and indulged in the cookie and used 3/4 of my points for the day on just that meal (therefore all my points for the day with the cereal bar I had for breakfast). I just really wanted to throw my hands in the air and say that I didn't care and I quit, I can't win. I just have to remember if I weren't on WW I would have eaten ALL of that meal and I know that's somewhat of a success. These moments are really hard to get through, I was just sick of ordering grilled chicken at restaurants you know?

I have to give a quick shout out to my mother who has also lost 17 lbs while doing WW with me, and my hubby who has lost 9 lbs just by eating what I eat.

216/199/160

5 comments:

  1. Yay!! Congratulations!!!

    And congrat to your mom--that's great! You're doing awesome, Jody!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go chica!!!!

    I know what you mean. It's so hard to skip desserts. I have a huge problem with Oreos. I can't just eat one. I have to eat a whole row. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rule and you look fabulous! Keep it up girlie - you continue to be an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huzzah! Eating out is always my big issue,too. I keep trying to order new items that I think might be higher in protein and lower in fat and carbs than my usuals. Instead, I either get something I don't like, or I get something so saturated with salt that I am retaining 3 pounds of water still at Monday weigh in.

    Huzzah for Sis, too!

    I'm on week 13 and 24 pounds.

    ReplyDelete