Thursday, September 1, 2011

September!

I know, I know... here we are, it's September. It's been a month since my last post. A lot has happened in a month! I had my last week of work at my old job and now I'm on my 3rd week at my new job (which I really love!). Basically I've taken a month off of WW which you could have probably guessed after my last post, I was getting frustrated and feel that I really needed this break from tracking and now have a renewed sense of motivation. I've been watching what I eat and thank goodness haven't gained anything. It's just been a hard transition and getting settled, along with all those goodbye lunches and hello lunches. With the transition between jobs, it was almost impossible to stay on track for me... my new job doesn't help too much with my plan because the microwave and toasters are downstairs in the cafe (these are my 1st line of defense and none are on our floor, bummer), but hey, at least I'm getting exercise too, all those stairs are good for me, right?

The one thing that lit a fire under me was that my bridesmaid dress for Geo's wedding came in three weeks ago and would barely zip, it was super tight! Last week I started to panic. I knew I had to kick it back into gear and jump back on the train. So I've worked really hard this week and am down .5 lbs, it's been really really hard for me to get back on board. I tried the dress on last night and it zipped easily but the dress itself is super snug around my belly (under the zipper), you can see where my belly button is and that's not good for anyone... basically it looks horrible and all I wanted to do was cry and I even had shapewear underneath. Oh well, nothing I can do about it now. I'm just going to keep going with WW and maybe by next week I'll fit into it a tad better, but for now I'll be in search of a magic corset. My body is still changing, I can see it and feel it. Even though I've not been losing weight, the weight that I have is shifting, and I've read that this can happen as long as a year after I hit goal.

NSV (Non-Scale Victory) this morning, I knew we were having a Birthday celebration for a co-worker and our Supervisor was bringing in goodies. I decided to make some Oatmeal (4 pts) in hopes that I wouldn't be tempted, it worked!!! I could pass up those huge bagels (8 pts) with cream cheese (2 pts). I didn't even WANT the bagel, and that's almost unheard of for me, I LOVE them and LOVE cream cheese!

Oh lord give me the strength to make it through the holiday weekend and stay on track! Then I have the wedding the following weekend, then Vegas the weekend after that! Busy couple of weeks and I'm super excited for all of it. I'm most excited to see my brother who I haven't seen since last December 1st.

And I almost forgot to mention, our biggest home improvement project is underway. My hubby and dad have started the process of finishing the basement! They took the last of the drywall, wood and power tools downstairs last night! We are so excited!!!! We're hoping our cave is done by Thanksgiving, which may be a little optimistic but I know the guys can do it!

216/187.5/160

No comments:

Post a Comment