Monday, March 28, 2011

Weigh In #5

I'm down 2 lbs this week putting me at a total weight loss of 12 lbs. This puts me 1 lb below my first weight loss goal which was losing 5% of my body weight. Losing is bittersweet with WW because the more you lose the more daily points they take away. I started with 33 daily points and now I'm down to just 31, I see more fruit and veggies in my future.

I just got more details about my friend's wedding that's in May, I will be going to get fitted this week for my Bridesmaid dress, I'm very excited and am hoping I will need it altered by the time the wedding gets here due to losing more weight. I'm secretly glad she was dragging her feet in her decision, it allowed me to lose 12 lbs!

This weekend was rough and I'm very thankful for losing the 2 lbs I did. Friday Adam and I left the kids with our friends Alicia and Bryan (and their twin boys that are Weston's age!) and went out for date night. We went to Kihachi, which is authentic Japanese cuisine and supposedly one of the best restaurants in Columbus (as featured on No Reservations on the Travel Channel). I saved up 20 pts for the dinner alone, we ordered a variety of small plates: Plum Wine, Tempura Shrimp, Pork Cheek, Brazed Duck, Deep Fried Soft Shelled Crab, Sushi Roll, Buckwheat Noodles and their Citrus Pear desert. Everything was delicious but I knew I blew my points for the day, but it didn't matter at the time, it was a special occasion.

The other weak moment was yesterday. My Grandma and Aunt came for a short visit and my Aunt brought some cupcakes she'd made. I'll fess up and let you know I ate 2. :( I'm over my guilt now, it's a new day and my points start over today AND I still lost 2 lbs despite the slight binging I did this weekend.

216/204/160

4 comments:

  1. You are rocking this out--awesome! And your weekend totally sounds like mine while I was doing WW (which I'm hoping to start up again soon)!

    I'm a little confused about how it works now--do points not get decreased every 10 pounds anymore? It used to be anytime you entered "new numbers" (210s to 200s to 190s) you lost a point for the day. It doesn't seem that that's the case now, though, since you've gone into new numbers once?

    BUT you're so close to the BIG one--as they say on the Biggest Loser, you're almost in ONEderland :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing great Jody! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AND you're going to start working out on Wednesdays and Saturdays :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weekend Binges are why "Weekly Points" and "Activity Point Swaps" are wonderful. Don't feel guilty about using them. Congrats on the 5%! And Congrats on getting a night out. Good Luck at the fitting.

    ReplyDelete