Thursday, March 24, 2011

Snack Machines

These should be outlawed! They are the definition of impulse buy, I'd be in even more trouble if ours accepted credit cards like the ones at hospitals.

I walked into our break room with a couple bucks in my hand, one for a Diet Coke and the other intended to buy something from the impulse machine. I buy my Diet Coke and just stood there looking at all the goodies in the snack machine. I thought to myself, I can have whatever I want, a full Snicker's Bar is 8 points, so if I just ate half that's only 4 points and it would be totally worth it, and the same logic for my absolute favorite Reese's Cups. As I stood there debating what to get I was also planning my plan of attack, only eat half. Then my logical side yelled in my ear, who are you kidding, you would never eat just half and you'd be wasting all of those daily points that could go towards real food. After about 3-5 minutes which seemed to me to be about a half an hour, I walked away empty handed.

Jody=1, Candy=0

Can we say WINNING!

216/206/160

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I know how hard that is. I walk past the candy at work as well and it's torture sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! It's so hard to resist! I have to plan out what I'm getting before I get there if I ever give in...it's typically pretzels. Just think about how much money and calories you're saving, though, if you bring it all from home yourself!

    ReplyDelete