Thursday, March 29, 2012

Getting my move on

Slow and steady wins the race, I realize this, but it still can be frustrating. I just want the "easy button" to appear and when I push it I'll be at my goal weight.

I've finally decided to kick it up a notch. I just want to start by saying I HATE exercising. Which is a funny thing to say, when most of my high school and some college days were doing just that, AND I was in the best shape of my life during that time... swimming, color guard, drum corps. OK, maybe I should rephrase, I HATE exercising at the gym on a stationary machine, I get bored out of my mind! I finally realized that I just needed to suck it up and add some cardio to my routine. I'm hoping I have some abs that need fine tuning under my belly somewhere!

For the past 4 weeks I've gone to the gym 3-4 times a week for 20 minutes or longer (I am an Elliptical girl). This is HUGE for me! Between a full-time job, freelance work, the kids and husband, with all of it's bath times, meal times, family times, work times, combined with the fact I hate exercise, I've been making excuses of why I didn't have time. Now I am making my trips to the gym a priority, and have a pretty good playlist to listen to while I'm there. It helps that I have a flexible work schedule now and can leave work a little earlier to go work out, then pick the kids up afterwards. Most of you that know me know that I am definitely not a morning person, and my husband works late 3+ times a week, really between work and pick-up is the most ideal time for my schedule. I now call it my "Me time." Sometimes if I leave work late, old Jody would have said, "That's OK, I'll just try and go tomorrow" and now I say to myself, "I'm still going, I need to go whether I can be there for 45 minutes or just 10. This is a priority. This is for me." I feel so good when I'm done, so energized and ready to take on the evening, with all of its Domestic Goddess duties. I have to say, getting to this point was revolutionary, and it actually took watching this season's "The Biggest Loser: The season of excuses" to realize I was actually making excuses all this time and basically lying to myself.

I knew I was ready for this, and exercise was the last piece of the puzzle, which just proves to myself that I am worth it and I deserve it. This is for me and no one else. And on a side note, I'm actually starting to like my time at the gym... dare I say it... it's kind of enjoyable. Now I just need some new running shoes! I'm wearing walking/running shoes that are over 5 years old and barely used, and are sooo heavy!

160's, I'm coming for ya! 


216/174.5/160

No comments:

Post a Comment