Thursday, January 12, 2012

Happy New Year

Wow, what a difference a year makes. It's crazy how fast it went but how fulfilling it was.

The new year is a time to make resolutions and goals, and reflect on the past year. My goal is to lose 20 more lbs by year end, drink more water and get fit! I seriously need to exercise, now the trick is finding time to do it, too bad I'm not a morning person (my husband can attest to this!).

Can I just say how weird it is to say "I've lost 37 lbs on Weight Watchers" to people who ask! I still can't believe it, and the fact the number will just keep going up. Wow, 37 lbs, that's just crazy! And this AFTER I had already lost 39 lbs already of baby weight. So grand total is 76 lbs, whoa. So yes, you can do the math, I weighed 255 lbs the day I had Ellie, and now weigh 179 lbs!!!! This is seriously crazy talk.

I really need a new pair of jeans, I don't have one pair that fits me. Ever since I started this journey I kept telling Adam, I really want a good pair of Lucky Brand jeans, but I'm waiting until I hit goal. I walked around Easton the other day and found many stores are closing... the one I'm most upset about is Children's Place, where I buy practically all of my kids clothes. As I walked around, I noticed The Lucky Brand store was closing! Booooo. So I wondered in, everything was 50% off, I had to do it. So now I'm the proud owner of my first pair of Lucky Brand jeans that are a size too small waiting for me in my closet. I will have a constant reminder and probably should have them on display as motivation. Note: another pair of jeans that don't fit me! I still want that satisfaction of going in to try jeans on, so now I'm saving my money for a good pair of Seven's to actually buy when I get to goal... along with a new bathing suit.

I still have a ways to go, but with my whole family behind me I know I can do it. Here's to a fantastic start to the new year and smaller clothes!

216/179/160

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! That is so, so awesome!

    I weighed about the same when I had both boys, so I am working from a similar number. I'm so glad to have your posts to read as inspiration.

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete